Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a rod and mono line

Hi,

I am new to catfishing (never done it before) and would like some recommendation on which rod to buy, the pond I will be fishing will not have that big of a cat in, there is supposed to be one at 70lb but I don’t know the last time this was caught, if it ever has. Generally the cats are 10-30lb, plus there are carp and pike in the pond lol. I have bought loads of catfish gear but need some recommendations on a rod and mono line (pond I’ll be fishing does not allow braid). Not too high a test curve though as I don’t want a scaffolding bar as a rod ha ha.

I have some korda armo kord 50lb for the hook link so I just need some good strong mono now, any recommendations?

Thank

Hello Fat cat,

Firstly lets address - scaffolding bars.

Cat rods although have higher TCs aren't scaffolding poles at all. They should in my opinion have a very nice through action, with the butt section having the real guts and the tip section absorbing the lunges nicely. So although a TC may be 5lb they are great playing rods and I have unfortunately caught carp on them and theyre actually really nice to play reasonable sized carp on.

Rods - all depends upon budget. Something entry level - NGT, Cat Pro - less than £60/70. Then Freespirits and Harrisons.

Line - Berkley Big game in 25lb would be fine.

Comment

Recommend a rod and mono line and short detail is also here. I want to release this whole best essay writers online with all of the others who just want it to take more knowledge for them. So if you want to take it then take everything with others.
      Last edited by Enriquertega; 4th December 2019, 11:12.

Comment

Hey, guys.Please tell me, did you manage to solve your problems? I think now is the time to go to the old fishing grounds, but only after I've solved all the problems in College. Now I was advised by an excellent professional essay writer and I have already ordered a couple of student papers.

Comment

Sadly, I can't say anything about these sources which you all have linked there, because in my whole life I have never tried any sites, except www.essayhelp.org. They are the best, of we are talking about essay writing services right now.

Comment

Working...
          X