Early season methods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early season methods

So, what's everyone's favourite early season i.e March / April methods?

Soft smelly baits, pellets, paste ,dead baits,liver but i cant help but have a live bait out also mate. When you starting?

Comment

I'm a teacher so Easter break for me. I normally have a livie or mackerel section. Itching to get out, I must have been through my tackle a dozen times! I'm thinking that at this time of year, they will be scavenging and an easy static bait may be favourable. The seasonal nature of chatting reminds me of waiting for the river season to open in June. How about you?

Comment

Hopefully out Thursday next week Alex weather dependant, just want to get out for a night !

Comment

My favourite is live-rudd Alex. . Lightly popped up a couple of ft in the shallow half of our lake but still can't ignore a big lump of meat anytime of the year

Comment

I used to favour a big bunch of worms, but last few seasons it hasn't worked at all. Agree with above meaty baits work well but livos work all year round.

I think its more about bait placement early season rather than what bait, the fish are not as active and may not stray far from their lye, so find that and put something in front of them and its sure to go at some point.

Comment

Tally so far this year at Office lake is:-
              7 out on halibut pellets
              2 out on lives

Comment

Hopefully out Thursday next week Alex weather dependant here, just want to get out for a night !

Comment

Working...
                X