Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadbait on the dumbell

Hello all
    The lake iam currently fishing is very weedy and live baits are banned, I was thinking of presenting a deadbait inbetween weed beds on the surface using a dumbell and I wondered if anybody had done this before and if they had achieved any success? I also wondered if it would be necessary to use a stiff hook link as the bait isn't moving could I use a standard more flexible hooklink like armorbraid? Any advice would be appreciated

Adam

Yes, it does work, it may prove a good method.

Yes you are right you can use a braided hooklink for this.

Have you considered leeches?

Comment

Cheers for reply Craig

I have considered leeches a few times I think I will just have to bite the bullet and buy some, not really sure how to look after them so will look it up, I heard the leeches tend to get in a tangle with the dumbell ? I was told the tipper rig is a better option

Comment

Probably a bit of clever marketing
        its all about the way you present them.

I use a 90° rig for presenting my leeches, a fox maggot clip - V shaped (that bit is important) and a dab of Vaseline on the sucker, and a small bead either side to prevent them sliding off - this stops them sticking to things

Comment

Deads on dumbells work well.

Ive caught on mackerel sections before, and also squid "tipped" with a couple of lobworms for extra scent and movement.

Obviously a big bunch of worms can be effective too. if the cats are mooching under the surface and come across something edible, its going in its mouth !

Comment

Working...
          X