Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadbait on the dumbell

Hello all
    The lake iam currently fishing is very weedy and live baits are banned, I was thinking of presenting a deadbait inbetween weed beds on the surface using a dumbell and I wondered if anybody had done this before and if they had achieved any success? I also wondered if it would be necessary to use a stiff hook link as the bait isn't moving could I use a standard more flexible hooklink like armorbraid? Any advice would be appreciated

Adam

Yes, it does work, it may prove a good method.

Yes you are right you can use a braided hooklink for this.

Have you considered leeches?

Comment

Cheers for reply Craig

I have considered leeches a few times I think I will just have to bite the bullet and buy some, not really sure how to look after them so will look it up, I heard the leeches tend to get in a tangle with the dumbell ? I was told the tipper rig is a better option

Comment

Probably a bit of clever marketing
        its all about the way you present them.

I use a 90° rig for presenting my leeches, a fox maggot clip - V shaped (that bit is important) and a dab of Vaseline on the sucker, and a small bead either side to prevent them sliding off - this stops them sticking to things

Comment

Deads on dumbells work well.

Ive caught on mackerel sections before, and also squid "tipped" with a couple of lobworms for extra scent and movement.

Obviously a big bunch of worms can be effective too. if the cats are mooching under the surface and come across something edible, its going in its mouth !

Comment

Very useful update you have shared with us thank you so much for help. The people who like fishing can grab the best resume writing service information online and explore as well. I admire your wonderful effort keep it up and please do share more such fishing related stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X